Transmission for KA24DE swap in a B310

Hello all,

I'm working on a KA24DE swap on my B310. I have a 240SX transmission but in order to use it I would have to cut way more of the car's floor than I am comfortable with since the transmission is so long. I remember a couple of threads in here about what transmission I could use, but after days of looking I can't find them. 

So, the question is, which transmission (and from what vehicle) would bolt on to the KA that is about 5" shorter than the 240SX transmission? Would I be able to use the same flywheel/pressure plate/clutch?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

gsDA75o.jpg

The KA24E and DE were also used in the D21 Hardbody. This Hardbody KA transmission (FS5W71C) above, is basically the same as the S13/14  5 speed above it, but around 30" long. If shorter helps. 

CaPuYjt.jpg

The FS5W71B that came on Z series engines in the 720 will also fit the KA series engines and came in 31.5"length and there was a 26" long 'shorty' also. Get the 2wd one as the 4x4 ones do not have a speedometer drive in them. Physically they are about the same as the D21 transmissions only the length is different. This 71B is weaker than the 71C but in a 210 the tires will light up and act like fuses reducing the load on the transmission.

Absolutely. Transmissions don't care what clutch you use and clutches don't care what transmissions you use.

I can think of six L series transmissions (more if you count the Nismo racing transmissions) used on the L series engines from '68 510 to '84 Maxima they are the F4W63, F4W71A, F4W71B, FS5W63A, FS5W71B, FS5R90A. Any one would fit any 4 or 6 cylinder L series engine with their clutch and flywheel. Some would be a bad idea, but you could. 

• 1 month later...