85 nissan 720 4x4 door Hinges.

Thomas Perkins

Hi Ya'll.How many need new door hinges.Long time ago,I will look up my receipts and see when.But my door hinges on the lower part of the door went bad.The star part stripped out,which keeps the door from closing.Nissan still had them in stock and I looked on Ebay and see that they had some cheaper,so I bought them and they wouldn't fit so I sent them back and got my money back and bought the Nissan one's and everything was good.Now the star is wore down on these.The passenger side is worse.I went on line and seen Nissan has none and someone on Ebay was trying to sell some bad one's.Something you just don't buy used.The stars on his were wore down bad and he was trying to get super rich.I did find a Nissan site that says they have them.But sent them a part look up request to make sure that they really had them.I am going to buy the top one's too.So if they email me back and they have them,I will get them.Back then I believe I bought Nissan's last one upper and one lower one and put them on the driver side.The driver side is not real bad but I will get them if they have them.The price for each one is 40.38  for the bottom and shipping is pretty high,won't know exactly till I order them or can go to order page and see,but id does not matter.The Nissan site in USA shows the wrong ones for the picture.It shows the top one as the bottom one.The top hinge is 27.76.I just calculated the price.The 4 hinges are 136.28,shipping is 56.23 and no taxes.Total is 192.51. no taxes cause not sold in USA, I will get them if they email me and they say they have them and they use Pay Pal.They only have the right side listed but they fit the left side also.For some reason,when Nissan has a part that fits both sides,they just list one side.That makes you wonder.Look at the sticker on the top part and it says LWR-lower right.

714hwSVwD2L._AC_SX450_.jpg

ada57ace1193d98ee2e4fae4abe9059a.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the reply they sent me.

Thanks very much for your enquiry, our team has been alerted and we will respond very shortly. We sincerely value your business and work tirelessly to supply 100% genuine JDM parts direct from Japan to every corner of the globe. Please reply to this email if you have any further questions, we are always happy to help. They are fast in replying.I sent one tonight and they sent it back,less than a hour.I sent 2 request,one for top hinges,one for bottom.Subject: OEM: Nissan 80400-01W00

Thanks very much for your enquiry, our team has been alerted and we will respond very shortly. We sincerely value your business and work tirelessly to supply 100% genuine JDM parts direct from Japan to every corner of the globe. Please reply to this email if you have any further questions, we are always happy to help.   Subject: OEM: Nissan 80420-01W00

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Like 1

I ordered the new Nissan door hinges Feb 14,2023.They said it will be shipped March 1,2023 and Here is what they said.Thank you, your payment has been received, we are now processing your order.

You will be issued with your tracking number just before the parts are shipped and the tracking is activated by the carrier once the parts are in the air.This is the first time that I have bought from this company so I can't recommend.I would not want anyone to chance it.I am the test dummy,Also I  know I am paying a lot.Probably no one else would do this.I have bought from many over seas Nissan oem part replacements and had good luck with them.I did use Pay pal.I've had Pay Pal  since 2009 and they never done me wrong.These parts are cheaper than what Nissan use to sell them for,but shipping is high dollar.But I believe I am pay less with shipping that the Nissan here.Nssan had the top hinge for 66 bucks and lower for 74 bucks,so do the math,just the savings on 2 hinges pays for the shipping.I will post the out come when they are shipped and if they are oem.Last time I bought from over seas,it took only a few days.As I tell my wife,it's just money.Just working this week with my overtime will pay for it.I've  been working 15 hour days and ain't tired.B-12 everyday makes me into a machine.I am 62 years old.

My Wife went and got my Hinges at the post office and they are Genuine Oem Nissan hinges.My Gamble paid off  from a over seas Nissan Dealer.I have a few over seas Nissan connection's that I can get parts that the USA  Nissan  parts sellers  here have ran out of.Even one in Australia.These came from Japan.

101_0324.jpg

101_0322.jpg

101_0323.jpg

Expensive but a good find. I can tell you from experience, and I'm sure you can too, that most aftermarket hinges are terrible. I spent two days trying to get one properly fitted on the 2wd 720 I used to drive. I think I am going to try to rebuild one of my worn out factory sets I have laying around the next time I need some. I seem to remember someone on here doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya'll,I put the bottom hinge on the passenger side.The top one was good.The reason I didn't do the top is because I would of have to take the cowl and fender off to get to the top bolts.I remember doing that long ago when I did the driver side.I took the front tire off.I also had to remove two screws on the fender and one below so I could move it a little to get the socket on it.One way you can buy time till you can get new hinges is.Open the door all the way,get a pair of pliers and turn the star part about half way,move the bad part to where it doesn't touch the bar.On mine the star dug into the bar and kinda rounded off the star teeth.The door would not stay open.But I did try this and it worked.I am going to buy me some ratchet wrenches,will get standard and metric,they are not cheap.you need one to take off one of the bolts closest to the tire with a ratchet wrench..When you put it on,make sure you have the hinge all the way back so the holes will line up when you put the door back on.I also sanded the area where the hinge was,it was rusted.Here are some pics.3YsRnV5.jpgSmKzeKc.jpgGJg4iEa.jpgCTxyhYd.jpgRdquib2.jpgjDyYgYO.jpgf7aMUKj.jpglIUp0Jy.jpg1Jq7M3x.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins