Heater core needed

datsun620build

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you sort of missed placing this in the correct spot?

In General, 720 questions should go here:

https://ratsun.net/forum/53-720/

Maybe classifieds is even a better spot

https://ratsun.net/classifieds/

This has been discussed a least few times recently, with the conclusion there are no new heater cores being sold in the US.  Possibly, some overseas supplier has them, if I'd guess, Thailand, but then again, bet they don't need heaters much.

I'd look at:

eBay.  Look thru the ads for used parts, there are a number of salvage yards with eBay ads with 720 parts.  I'd ask one of those salvage yards, if they still have the heater core.  Might be one of the easiest and maybe alright priced options.

Local junkyards.  Probably can get the heater core for 25-50 bucks

Repair your old core.  Take it to a radiator shop and see if they are willing to rebuild it at a cost that makes sense.

FaceBook.  There are plenty of people parting out trucks.  One of them may be willing and capable of removing the heater core without damaging it.

OfferUp/Craigslist - same goes for these two.  Folks parting out trucks

Buy a parts truck.

Heater cores are long gone....a couple blocks of wood and some lighter fluid will work.That's what we tell this guy at work that has a messed up heater core. for over 6 years.I got me a complete new heating and air system when I couldn't find a heater core. Now mine is bad to the bone.Best money I almost spent on my 85 720.The last one I bought was from Ebay and it didn't last long,plus after market one's don't fit in the box good,causes problems.Here is the last one that was around...I paid about 85 bucks for it...That was in 2018.The part number is on the box,Auto Zone had the same one's till they ran out.They were junk.1W432mQ.jpg 

Edited by Thomas Perkins

If anyone  has the money to replace your complete Nissan heating and air system.Let me know,Jack Cadina did mine,he also had to build a box.I have my invoice of the parts and cost and you can look it up on line to see.The new a.c. compressor is the same one Rock Auto sells but it won't fit our 720 cause the hoses are not the same.So if you buy that compressor,you will have to change the hoses.Everything on mine is non nissan parts.I mean everything.He has a old jeep restored with this system in it, he showed it to me before he put one in mine.If you want,you can bring your 720 down to Georgia and he will do it for you.Check out my new control knobs.The heater heats up super fast and you have to run it on low..The a.c. is ice cold.It defrosts the windshield real fast..The truck is running and idling.See where the oil gauge is.So it is suppose to be at 25 PSI at idling for everyone's info.If not,your Oil pressure sending unit is bad.Someone on here said there's was at 40 PSI.Every time you get to a red light,it should be at 25 PSI...when idling.And around 48 PSI on the highway...100_9522.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • 10 months later...
On 11/3/2023 at 10:27 AM, cruisenbyu27 said:

does he still do the heat and cooling

His wite got Colon cancer and he is not doing any work.He may retire from it.He is renting his building out.I used him since 2006.I drove by there a few days ago and it looks like he is not there.Soon I will stop there and see what is going on.He is taking care of his wife.She owned a Hair Salon.