ok, there is gas in the lines, not what you think....

Llittle_Llama

ok, i was messing with the carb just checking it out, and i noticed the hose that goes to the block is a little loose. i pull it off and there's fuel in it! its the hose that goes out the back (facing the cab) of the carb and goes to the block. do i need to rebuild the carb now? am i missing something? truck is kinda hard to start sometimes....have to hold the pedal to the floor when i crank it then feather the pedal to get it to run. the choke is disabled on the webber, so that might be part of the issue (my own doing) what are your thoughts?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just replaced the PVC line a few months back, i thought that was what it was, but not 100% and didnt want to confuse anyone. where is the best place to get a rebuild kit? and how hard is it to do?

If you have a Weber then you can get them at your local VW parts store or performance shop. If you have a Hitachi, then Napa is the best place I know of. :cool:

i bought them just to resell, they were part of a lot, and were all going to the recycle station (they buy books now!!!) so i had to gat them! if anyone wants them, i want 12 each shipped. not trying to make money, just need to pay for packing supplies and gas and stuff.

It is a simple problem, so don't try to apply a complicated solution.

truck is kinda hard to start sometimes....have to hold the pedal to the floor when i crank it then feather the pedal to get it to run. the choke is disabled
Yes, that's what happens when the choke is disabled. It is expected behavior and does indicate any problem with your carburetor other than the choke is not working.

the hose that goes to the block is a little loose. i pull it off and there's fuel in it! its the hose that goes out the back (facing the cab) of the carb and goes to the block.
Does this hose contain or connect to the PCV valve?

could i run a small catch can between the pcv valve and the intake?

You could, but that's like putting a band-aid on a bullet hole. Instead, fix the leak.

The block is supposed to have a breather grid in it. Find out what is at each end of this hose. If the PCV valve is at one end, remove it and shake it. Make sure the spring is not broke, not gummed up and that it closes.

But the important question is: where is the fuel coming from? I'd be checking the float level of the carburetor. You don't need a rebuild kit to do this.