A.C. Problems

Hey all,

Been gone for awhile. Summer is here so as a general contractor I tend to be super busy but I miss ya. 

I got a new radiator and bought a weber 32/36 (finally) and the truck is running great. Getting her ready for paint,  new carpet, and finalizing my layout for speakers. I've been driving her more often now but the last couple days it's been super hot and the a.c. is not blowing cold air. The air coming out of the a.c. is a little cool but not cold. Driving the truck is basically driving a mobile sauna. I'm wondering what I can do to fix it? 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Veraciousreasoning said:

Hey all,

Been gone for awhile. Summer is here so as a general contractor I tend to be super busy but I miss ya. 

I got a new radiator and bought a weber 32/36 (finally) and the truck is running great. Getting her ready for paint,  new carpet, and finalizing my layout for speakers. I've been driving her more often now but the last couple days it's been super hot and the a.c. is not blowing cold air. The air coming out of the a.c. is a little cool but not cold. Driving the truck is basically driving a mobile sauna. I'm wondering what I can do to fix it? 

Is it the r12 or r134?

I'd probably just go to a shop for a recharge... they can pressure test and check the system and recharge it.... 

Only other thing I can think to verify is the that the compressor is turning on and off. The ones I see just have a single wire to activate them. You should be able to test it for power, but it will only show power if certain conditions are met and the need to turn the compressor on is there....

6 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Is it the r12 or r134?

I'd probably just go to a shop for a recharge... they can pressure test and check the system and recharge it.... 

Only other thing I can think to verify is the that the compressor is turning on and off. The ones I see just have a single wire to activate them. You should be able to test it for power, but it will only show power if certain conditions are met and the need to turn the compressor on is there....

Yeah going to the shop for a recharge may be the easiest route to be honest. Thanks