Futofab STI stubs are physically different than the Williams Machine STI stubs.

geob415

Hey Everyone, 

A few weeks ago I posted in the forrums about an issue I ran into with WRX STI stubs from Futofab that were supposed to fit my Mechanica r180l STI diff(3.9) for the conversion which is why I bought the 930 axle kit. The 930 axle kit works amazing but the seperate stubs Ihad to buy from Futofab didn't work

As you can see in this video the Williams Machine stubs are physically smaller copmared to the Futofab stubs. Luckily, I had some refrence photos from the awesome people here on the  Ratsun forrums to point out the slight differnces in the two stubs Take a look here at the video and pictures to see for yourself. Zcardepot bought a bunch of these stubs from Williams Machine a while back so if anyone has a 3.9 Mechanical r180 differential that's looking to do this swap you should buy them from John Williams himself or Zcardepot. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbV9H--lCU9/

https://imgur.com/a/kMH76PW

• Like 3
  • geob415 changed the title to Futofab STI stubs are physically different than the Williams Machine STI stubs.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI, I just installed the conversion stub axles that come with Futofab's CV combo package and didn't have any problems. I used these on a 2006 Subaru STI mechanical LSD.

IMG_1877.thumb.jpg.38264584041e69eae5d578132b3538e9.jpg

IMG_1876.thumb.jpg.33a3c775d1725a9d54ce83c918d8d572.jpg

Edited by SupDoc
Part name included.