weird electrical issue

ratboi3000

hey gang,

My friends husband who works on cars was trying to say that it was probably my alternator but ive had no issues turning my car on for the most part and i have no issue with my lights and my battery has seemed fine.

WHat does seem to be connected to the problem is my radio (which the previous owner installed) my dash cam (also installed previously) my windsheild wipers, my usb port and my heater/ac 

sometimes but not all the time i can get it on by turning the car off and back on. sometimes it all comes back while im driving and sometimes it all turns off when im driving. 

help. lmao.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The radio and wipers are both powered from the accessory fuses. Strangely enough the relay that turns the heater fan on is also run from one of these fuses. All accessory fuses are powered directly from the ignition switch in the ON or Accessory positions. As all fuses in the accessory are affected I would say that there is something interrupting power from the ignition switch. You say sometimes turning the ignition off and back on restores them? that would also support what I say about the ignition switch being the problem.  

Try unplugging the ignition switch and plugging it back in. This will rub and clean the connections. If that does not help then the ignition switch is the problem.

• Like 1
On 2/1/2022 at 12:12 PM, datzenmike said:

The radio and wipers are both powered from the accessory fuses. Strangely enough the relay that turns the heater fan on is also run from one of these fuses. All accessory fuses are powered directly from the ignition switch in the ON or Accessory positions. As all fuses in the accessory are affected I would say that there is something interrupting power from the ignition switch. You say sometimes turning the ignition off and back on restores them? that would also support what I say about the ignition switch being the problem.  

Try unplugging the ignition switch and plugging it back in. This will rub and clean the connections. If that does not help then the ignition switch is the problem.

it was def a fuse thing thank you!