New weber

7twentyguy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are these 2 pics with the old carb.How old is your Weber.The first Weber I got was from North American carbs direct,It came with a idle cut off solenoid and it had the Black choke.I now have a Redline Weber and put the idle cut off solenoid from that one.Mine will not stay idled without the idle cut off solenoid.The Valve cover on my is from the Nissan Dealer here,I bought it long ago.I will paint it mine one day.I still have the Nissan plug wire holders that connect to the valve cover,Found some brand new ones not long ago.That ab valve and the other one,I bought from the dealer when I was trying to get mine right.I still have a brand new Fram air filter in the box that goes to the stock carb.Got it from Walmart.Here is a old video with carb.It ran great...I put a pioneer throttle cable on it,the old one end came apart.That throttle linkage you see in the video is what is on my Redline carb I have on it now.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

I still have some tuning to do,

there is a hesitation when you press on the gas along with that it wants to fall flat on its face when you let out the clutch ( from stopped)with the Hitachi you could take off from a dead stop with minimum gas, now she wants to die if I don’t rev it up to around 2 grand.

any suggestions?