Yooper

Yooper

🙂My 67 roadster has been running fine until recently when it started losing rpm rapidly to nearly dying until I pulled the choke out. When close the choke it loses power again. I’ve installed a new fuel filter, checked the oil levels in the carb pistons, and checked the movement of the linkage.  What might be causing this?

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things to try to narrow down if it's one of the SUs...

1/ This is at idle mostly? or at all speeds??? If loss of power at all speeds, drive around for 10 min with as little choke on as you can. Then safely pull over and take the spark plugs out keeping them in order. The cylinders that are running lean will have the cleanest plugs, the other two will be darker from an unnecessarily rich mixture.

2/ See if you can engage the choke on the front SU. Does this fix the problem? Try the rear only. If it fixes the problem by having the choke on only one SU then that's the one that may have the jet partly blocked or the vacuum leak is on the intake for that pair of cylinders.

• Like 2