For those wanting More Rim Choices 6lug to 5lug conversion

Look what i happend to stumble on never thought they made these from 6 to 5 lug looks like its all possible and makes choosing rims alot easier and more effective for the look we want. does anyone have any issues these things might show? Im wanting to go with 5lug pana sports or something similar to a 510 jdm look

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-LUG-TO-5-LUG-ADAPTER-KIT-FOR-TRUCKS-AND-SUV-RARE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQihZ019QQitemZ290132001852QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing you have to remember about wheel adapters is the thickness of the spacer. So you have to take that into consideration upon buying them. LIke for example most of them 3/4" to 1" in thickness. So then you have to find a wheel with an even bigger back spacing.."IF" you want to lower your car/truck and want the wheels to tuck. Most of these wont work...But some will you just have to watch the back spacing and thickness of the adapter....My old Mazda is a 4 bolt conversion, 4x100 and I had a machine shop do it, and it cost about $300 in 92. But I will agree it opened a whole hell of alot of rims...Now it has been about 3yrs since I looked into getting wheel adapters and things might have changed, but this is just what the Tire shop guy explained to me and I trust him...thats my 2cents..

So what Offset do you guys think we should be looking at? i know a good old school look is 15offset for the deep dish but i can also grab 38-45 i was thinking of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Sportmax-wheel-Honda-06-Civic-SI-Nissan-Toyota-rims_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQihZ017QQitemZ270134054372QQrdZ1

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-8-Sportmax-Wheel-gts-AE86-Celica-Supra-Datsun-240sx_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43956QQihZ017QQitemZ270134434940QQrdZ1

they make these in 5 lug

I would think you would have a problem if it was lowered clearance wise...

you would need 45mm just to get back to stock...

unless you were looking for those rims to stick out away from the truck...

those are nice rims though...

the last ones are only +15mm so they would stick out 30mm farther than the stock rims...eeewww

On a truck if you want to tuck you're looking at +10 to +20mm for 7 or 8 inch wide wheels. If you have 45mm adaptors then just add the offset to that.

55 to 65mm offset... but that doesn't exist. 45 is about the max you can get. So no more than 7 inch wide wheels with 45mm offset is what you're limited to. No lip whatsoever. Major FWD look. Adaptors work great but are not a good fit for the limited space in a Datsun truck.

Just get the balljoint suspsention up front. Bolt in Toyota hubs and a Toyota rear axel. Then you have 5-lug.

I have that same design of 2-piece adaptor. The sunken in allen head bolts seized on me and the head stripped out. I can't get my adaptors off now to replace a bad rotor... but ya, the adaptors won't break. :(

Yah i was thinking of all those things. I hate the FWD look... i was thinking of the track look on a set of bronze rims. either way i do have a nice set of rims on my truck already. I also am in DIRE need of a Picture of a datsun 620 with the bre colors. I saw in someones avatar they had a cartoon looking pic of a 620 in bre but i cannot print it and make it larger due to the small pic. anyone have this?