510 rear bumper

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 piece rear bumper best offer or trade for front bumper has some dings in it not perfect

2/4 dr or wagon rear?

you pay shipping both ways? 93003

i need a wagon rear, but will consider a trade for a 2/4dr

mine has a straightened crease on the L side.

pix would help both of us :lol:

on ebay now

There are just a few variations of the rear bumper for the sedan and wagon:

1968 Sedan Bumper: Standard three-piece construction, with a hole in the center section for an Everwing license plate light. Used in North America for 1968 only, but worldwide through the end of production for International models. 2-door sedans got a rubber plug to fill the over-rider holes, and four-doors got the chrome and black over-rider.

1968 Wagon Bumper: Same construction as the sedan bumper, but with a wider center section, the wagon 68 rear bumper also uses a different 68-specific license plate light (with a shallower profile). Uses the chrome and black rubber over-rider.

Standard Rear Bumper: Fits all years 1969-1972, three-piece construction. Wagons have a wider center section.

What about the coveted one-piece front and rear bumpers-- you ask?

I have had several one-piece front and rear bumpers over the years, and still have one stashed in the attic. I firmly believe that these are bumpers offered by the aftermarket as crash parts shortly after the car was released. Why they are not available any more, I cannot answer. I have never seen a stock 510 with one-piece front or rear bumpers. I have seen airbrushed factory photographs of a 1973 2-door sedan with what appears is a one-piece front bumper, but in their haste they even shaved the front license plate holes, so I think it is an example of someone trying to clean up an image instead of something actually offered.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.