Anyone interested in a Leavenworth or East Wenatchee Meet

Soundline

Trying to gauge interest in if anyone would want to attend an event in 2021 in East Wenatchee or Leavenworth, Washington?  

E. Wenatchee is a small town in the Cascades that can be very fun to get to.  

https://www.eastwenatcheewa.gov

Leavenworth is not far from it and it’s setup as a Bavarian Village it can also be very fun to get to.

https://leavenworth.org

I’ve reached out to both cities since I’m dealing with the gov today anyhow I figured I’d ask. We’re presently in COVID Phase 3 here and it would require we wear masks, and draw a hard limit at 400 people.  Of course the cities and counties may have additional regulations.  

We’re also aiming at a moving target, because who knows what our COVID phase we’ll be in later this year. 

I need a rough headcount of interest to determine what resources we’d need to do it. And gimme some dates you’d be interested in doing.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be cool to get miles on the tires.. we used to do family road trips,, we all drove separate cars. Went over 90 then south to Wapato then back over white pass .. 

would be fun to do that again. One last time .. might have to have wife travel in minivan to haul wheelchairs and changing room .. She has 77 celica coupe maybe strap a ski rack to both that and Datsun could work 

I think July would be nice would have to suss that out more..

if it was me I would just help us look/scope out a KOA / privately owned type campgrounds as state ones get kinda more prickish type campers sometimes after 10pm .. and close to a town to buy food and whatnot,, We make our own reservations.. boom !!   that way you’re not on the hook for anything .. no one but me shows up .. fuck it , still a good time

if my youngest came would probably need to Airbnb close for them and mom ,, as they are autistic “like” and yell loudly at times( at 3 in morning lol) 

125dbs.   Nothing like having a Stuka dive bomber sound presentation at 4:30 am 👻

so in a nutshell,, probably. 

• Like 2

Me setting up something, and me showing up are two different things. 

Confluence Campground in Wenatchee was nice, but I haven’t been there siiiiiiince... 89’?  So I’ll do a little more legwork.

Anything I arrange is always byob, don’t break the real laws, and due to some beatings I’ve taken, on any given day I might need to stay home in a quiet room. Head injuries and chemical exposures are rough things to live with. 

I like the KOA idea, so I’ll bounce some ideas off the other dudes at the VFW & Legion to see what they say.