Help with 620 Horn

Goosie_the_xiii

Hey everyone, 

I need some help with trying to get my horn back working. I looked under the dash and the previous owner has a rats nest of wires. It looks like they spliced the green wire from the horn. The new color is a pale green. I traced it through the dash and running up the steering column and under the steering column plastic. Then... it stopped. Seemed to have been cut or not attached. 

I have already switched out the steering wheel and have a quick release hub. I just can't seem to find where this green wire would be attached. 

I have looked at 2 different wiring diagrams but still lost on where the wire from the horn runs. I did notice that there was a black and green wire that seems to not be attached as well. Can anyone take a photo to let me know where the green wire runs and connects to and what the black and green wire connects to? Thanks.

**I seem to be having trouble uploading the photos. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The horn wire is Light Green and grounded when used. Grounding activates a relay that powers the dark green wires to the two horns.

The horn relay is on the passenger side inner fender and is the only one with 3 wires.... Dark Green, Light Green and Green/White stripe. The relay should click when the Light Green wire is grounded and the horns operate.