SU carb linkage

dgi

Need a bit of advice, a picture would help. Here is the problem.

My 510 has a throttle cable system and a manual choke cable.

I'm looking for an acceptable way to adapt/link the throttle cable to an original 220 manifold with twin SUs setup. And, how to connect the choke cable.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Throttle depends on just what manifold you have. SU choke needs a proper dual cable choke knob with side by side cables. First goes to the rear, second goes to the front SU. There is a socket into which you push the flex cable outer shell. The inner cable attaches to the choke mechanism with a set screw. Good idea to put a drop of flux on the end of the inner cable and hit the strands with a small drop of solder to avoid later unrevelling and problems with inserting into the setscrew assembly.

Need a bit of advice, a picture would help. Here is the problem.

My 510 has a throttle cable system and a manual choke cable.

I'm looking for an acceptable way to adapt/link the throttle cable to an original 220 manifold with twin SUs setup. And, how to connect the choke cable.

My advice would be to get a stock throttle bell crank and then buy the SU linkage from Nissan. It's about $30 or so.

slodat, I'm sure you are correct! But, getting any parts here on the east coast is almost impossible. And since it has been 25 years since I have seen the real thing, my memory is really fuzzy.

Here is exactly what I have as far as manifold and carbs, including the linkage shown in this picture.

510carb2.jpg

Am I correct... there should be a question mark shaped rod that fits into the linkage on the maniford and connects to the bell crank, and some kind of pivot receptacle mounted to the firewall?