Header fit

Stinky

I bought a header of Craigslist and when I went to put it on it wouldn't go in...on my '86 2wd 720

It had the same bolt pattern as  the exhaust manifold and the gaskets fit.

But, I could not slide it in from the top...or bottom.  It seems like it was to fat to go between the block and torsion bar.

Ive dropped the idea, but did I need to unbolt the motor mount and raise it up in order to get enough room? 

Edited by Stinky
  • Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

101032-malkovich-what-the-fuck-gif-bu-mb

So ... it would go in, then it wouldn't fit from top or bottom, so you dropped the idea and didn't need to unbolt the engine mount and raise the engine to get enough room. There's a question mark at the end but I see no question and the first sentence contradicts the third.

I'm going to take a guess and say it wouldn't fit and you want to know if the engine should be raised for more room.... and that's a yes if you change your mind..

Don't throw away your exhaust manifold because you will get sick of it and want to switch back.

• Like 2

OK, I edited the sentences.  Does it make more sense now?  Man it was messed up.

I dropped the idea and at the moment I am just curious.

But, I do have a motor that has been set to go in to my D21 for about 10 years....

Not likely to change my mind...but exhaust doesn't last forever in CO.  It did in AZ.  At the moment it sounds good and runs good.  Although, I wish that it were a touch louder.

• Like 1