69 521 w/47k ebay

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you go there and look at all the pics, you will see that it had a canopy on at one time...rusted the rails...

there's a few things with the interior as well...water damage on the pass kick panel, missing heater control handle, trashed defroster hose...cracked dash...

not to pick it apart but it's not perfect..it's still Ratsun!

i've only seen a couple as nice or nicer. that red light switch knob is like new red. all the ones i've seen have been faded. picking it apart only shows that it is unrestored. thats the way i like them. the nicer ones have all been restored. as far as i can tell over the last few years of paying attention these only bring in 4-6 grand. i cant wait for the day a minty original reaches 10 grand. if i were rich and not white trash i'd buy it and keep it out of the elements. i just cringe thinking what the new owner is going to do to it. i wonder what percentage of 521's are in this condition? 5% maybe? i think that seat was recovered. it's missing a side reflector. no reserve!!! if thats really only 47k on the od it's a real find. survivor indeed. has anyone even ever seen a non cracked dash that was original. hot damn look at those tailgate chains with the sleeves. chrome is awsome. no bumperetts. temp guage is running hot in one pic. killer floor mat but i always thought they looked way better under the trans tunnel housing cover. is that side mirror after market? if i won the lotto i'd get stupid and bid 10 grand. then put it in a time capsul. i'll cry if it doesn't reach 4 grand. turn signal switch looks moved back a bit. i better stop i feel like i'm doing a report on it. i wonder how many watchers and hits this thing will get?

its even got an original radiator cap which are hard to find and not cheap. new one on epay is 40 or 50 bones. maybe 30 i forget. someone should have drained some original batteries when they were new. i think an original battery would be cool. one of those original parts you never get to see like a oil,air,fuel filter,plugs,wires ect. real time capsul stuff. with any luck it has the original fuel cap. or even the jack with good paint on it.

has anyone even ever seen a non cracked dash that was original.

I had a truck with a perfect dash, the truck was really clean besides the 500 wood screws from the original owner.... I sold it and that guy sold it then Skip got it. It has seen much better days thats for sure. The dash is still in good shape besides the house paint overspray.... I guess it just makes all the rest of the trucks worth that much more :D

I think it has 147,000 on it though.

has anyone even ever seen a non cracked dash that was original.

I have one. How it remained uncracked is beyond me, because it was in a truck that was rolled in 1982 and sat outside with no windshield until I acquired and scrapped it a couple years ago. But, the defroster vents are rusty. I have the dash in my garage now to keep it out of the weather until I figure out what to do with it.

I talked to Doug at Discount Datsun Parts, and he said they haven't been available since the 70's You better hold on to it Doug, or give it to me :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.