first posting from butter fingers

butter fingers

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically get a picture hosting account, usually free but you can pay for extras, I don't social media so I keep it simple. I use imgur but there are many to choose from BUT DO NOT use Photobucket the bane of the internet. Very basically you store your pictures there and when needed you copy the picture information, bring to Ratsun and paste into your post. You're daughter will show you.

• Like 1

thanks Mike ! a little  background  on how I ended up with my 86. in my teenage years my dad , myself and my brother all had 620's. I had a red one for about 12 years until it was stolen from a golf course parking lot .. Raising a family and running a small business took over my life . Kids got bigger and a couple of years ago I fell into a  low mileage light blue 80' 4x4 regular cab pickup that I could not pass up .Two years I drove it until one dreadful late night  I  came home , parked in my driveway , locked the doors , but  forgot to put my club on it . that was all it took , one slip and it too was gone . obviously I had been on the hit list for some time and visited regularly ! the worst feeling in the world . After a month of grieving I fell into my '86 .nothing like my '80 but  I was happy to have it and never leave it without a club, period. I learned that I need more layers of security this time around and talking about this should be a high priority !  I have some good ideas but any help is appreciated .  the lucky part is the '86 is nothing like my '80 so I have been able to move on with my life . one cop told me at a Datsun meet up here in san diego " don't let the car define you " boy I had to dig deep and realize what that meant ! take care of yourself , your family and enjoy your cars and trucks while we can is what I had learned , KEEP ON TRUCKING is my motto , Butter Fingers .

• Like 2

I hear ya on life and having a truck stolen. It's the worst betrayal there is. First thing at the least, is to install a well hidden kill switch. Even a switch to shut off the fuel pump.

I think Datsuns in general define me!!! 

• Like 1

That's  so funny Mike . you know the message I was trying to get across ,  certain things  can be replaced and other things cannot ! once you learn that I think life makes more sense . And in this crazy world we need  each other more than ever . I will work on the switches . are there any door locks that can be installed to prevent easy entry ? I  opened my '86 door and started it with my old ' 80 key . that showed me how insecure my doors and ignition truly are . KEEP TRUCKIN !

• Like 1