Windshield weatherstripping 1961 Datsun pickup

Rusty Dawg

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to attain seals for both my front windshield as well as my rear window for my 1961 PLG 222 pickup truck, but no automotive windshield shops can seem to be able to find anything that would work or even where to start looking.  Does anyone know if the seals in a 1963 320 or any other Datsun vehicle would work?

Appreciate any insight.

Warm regards,

Roman

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot really tell much from them photos, if I were you I would just buy a cheap gasket on ebay, search "Datsun 320 windshield gasket" and buy the cheapest one you can and see if it will work.

Your a long way from the LA area, but there is a outfit called Kotto Auto Glass, here is a link to his website below,  he cut me 19 320 windshields and made the windshield and rear window seals/gaskets for my 320s and 520/521 trucks, I used to sell his gaskets, he can set you up with what you need, but again your a long ways away from where his shop is, and he is not cheap, but his seals last a long time so he is making them out of quality rubber or he is buying quality gaskets from somewhere and selling them.

https://kottoautoglass.com/

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1

Thanks Wayno.  I have a talented person that I believe can handle the install, but I need to find him the correct seal.  I will reach out to Kotto tomorrow.  As far as price, I get it.....after all we are working with some fairly unusual vehicles.  It's important that I get the appropriate seals so as to ruin the inside of the vehicle.  Thanks again mister.

• Like 1

I was able to secure weatherstrips from Kotto Auto Glass and they are shipping them to me.  Eddie was helpful and he mentioned that he had replacement windshields if the original cracks as you mentioned.  He wasn't cheap, but what choice do I have.  I asked about my door window seals and he told me that he didn't have any specific to my vehicle, but most folks find weatherstrips(larger than what I need) and trim them to fit their truck.

Thanks Wayno!!

Edited by Rusty Dawg
  • Like 1

Yes he did, but he needed to know what type of rear brake lights I had on my truck in order to send me the correct seal for the rear window only.  He said that either of the two rear window seals he had would work, but one was smaller than the other and it would be best to send the correct one.  My truck has two round brake lights under the bed.  The front windshield seal was the same regardless of the brake lights.

• Like 1