Any VG30 experts out there

alexg89

ive been on this for about 3 weeks trying to help my buddy. VG30 out of a 95 hardbody.. 2wd . issue is we dont think its the stock motor. .There was an A a B and a W series VG. They all had their differences.
The issue we have is that the oil pump was broke when we tried getting the timing gear off the crank.. Order a new pump and the ID of the pump is to small to fit over the drive for the crank. 

Here are some pictures.
I have searched the entire WWW tring to find out where to get this pump and im am stumped. does anyone have any oil pumps laying around that they can take pictures of and measurements .. 
I have tracked down the pump to 94 and 95 pickups and 93 maximas with the DOHC motor but the pump is not available . 

Found one that looked like it was it. ordered it and it was wrong.

Need help here .. Where are my VG guys at 
vt9LOz8.jpg
XYVx5px.jpg
5aZvnbq.jpg
Lig5SRd.jpg
vOOCKkU.jpg
wzo3Ay3.jpg
GtFw8eX.jpg
09PIqlP.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how the vg33 oil pump would work.... has that extra tube or something.... even looking up the vg30 quest it shows that tube....

Oh and the nissan part number listed the 95 hardbody... so the motor could be original...

Hope some of this helps.... 

I was bored.... and I miss my old vg30 pathfinder..... sent a rod through the side of that motor... oops...

Edited by Crashtd420

That actually is the pump we bought and it's not correct . They sent us the same pump I have pictured . I got with nissan and these ere the pump numbers I found but cant find info on them

15010-12g01 12g02 75p00 75p01 

15010-10v01 this is for a 93 maxima dohc but it's supposed to be the correct pump 

I am confused... the one I listed from ebay does not look the same to me...

Can you post  a pic of the entire oil pump?

The original from the motor and the one you bought?

The part number you bought?

If you look at the pic of the ebay one it is different from what you bought.....

This is the listing from rock auto....

Screenshot-20200222-091140-Chrome.jpg

This looks like the one you bought...

Screenshot-20200222-091228-Chrome.jpg

This is the itm ....

Screenshot-20200222-091239-Chrome.jpg

You can see the difference how close the machined face is to the outer area...

1 hour ago, alexg89 said:

That actually is the pump we bought and it's not correct . They sent us the same pump I have pictured . I got with nissan and these ere the pump numbers I found but cant find info on them

15010-12g01 12g02 75p00 75p01 

15010-10v01 this is for a 93 maxima dohc but it's supposed to be the correct pump 

Also from what I'm seeing they vg30 didnt get the larger crank snout till about 95-96... the pump you listed only crosses only up to a 94 pickup....

The oem part number I mentioned specifically says 95 , and 32mm crank...

Screenshot-20200222-093508-Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
On 2/22/2020 at 9:35 AM, Crashtd420 said:

Also from what I'm seeing they vg30 didnt get the larger crank snout till about 95-96... the pump you listed only crosses only up to a 94 pickup....

The oem part number I mentioned specifically says 95 , and 32mm crank...

Screenshot-20200222-093508-Chrome.jpg

Im cant believe what im seeing lol how did you find this so fast lol im gonna have to do some serious hunting for that pump

55 minutes ago, alexg89 said:

Im cant believe what im seeing lol how did you find this so fast lol im gonna have to do some serious hunting for that pump

I still believe that itm pump I posted looks correct.....

What was the part number you ordered?

As far as find things.... I have wierd ways I search for stuff.... I do it kind of backwards and sometimes I start with the picture... usually if I can find it visually I can reverse search and find some info..... 

Although I can't seem to verify that the itm pump I believe to be correct actually fits the 32mm crank....

2 hours ago, alexg89 said:

This is the pump we bought. .based on part number and picture.. and what they sent was not correct 

BfeycY4.jpg

Well that sucks.....

I hate when they do that....

By the picture it should be the right one....

Any future purchase attempt I would definitely email to make sure you get one that fits a 32mm crank snout....

That makes some sense.....

One of the things I read was .... actually let me just post the info..... but it sounds like they npt tapped a location on the pump and ran a relocation kit for the oil filter.....  is that the part of the vg33 oil pump that's in the way?

https://forums.nicoclub.com/true-differences-vg30-vs-vg33-t337554.html

Maybe this will help or spawn an idea for you..... 

I would be inclined to try to make the vg33 pump fit and work... the one your searching for seems to be fairly non existent.... then what if he ever need another one.....