Transmission Modulator Valve replacement

agouge888

Went to change the tranny modulator valve and wanted to check a couple things....

1) There was about 1 cup of fluid behind the valve when I pulled it...should it be there?

2) Should there be some sort of pin/small center rod that sits in the center of the valve? I didn’t see one on the old one and wanted to be sure it wasn’t lost/gone.

thanks

agouge888

• Like 1
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1/ there may be some but as long as not leaking on the outside it's going nowhere. By any chance are you using automatic transmission fluid? Need topping up now and then???

2/ Modulator? Has a vacuum hose and hard line to the intake? Yes there should be a small pin in there. Try a magnet.

I think you can change your shift points by shortening the rod or change the modulator to one for a higher shift point. This one is from the 280zx turbo automatic

9ug8Kqo.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.....my valve looks the same but I can’t find the pin. Any idea how long this pin is supposed to be? I’ve heard of making one from a metal coat hanger, but I’m not sure the length??? Any idea how long? Thanks much,

Andy

• Like 1