Ka24de belt

Booger

Hi everyone, I’ve been on Ratsun for years and you all come through in the clutch when needed. Okay, I have a 72 Datsun 510 that I swapped about 5 years ago over to a  Ka24de. I haven’t driven it in about 2 years (married/children/house etc) and I’m starting to get back into it. I’ve replaced the alternator, water pump, thermostat, new battery etc. But I’ve ran into a problem.

My engine is a Ka24de dual cam 2.4L

with A single cam KA water pump pulley, alt bracket, thermostat water neck housing,

Here’s the story: 

Back when I was building this 510, I came across a thread on this forum that talked about how to swap a adjustable alternator bracket from a single cam over to a dual cam. Doing that would allow 1 belt to work with the crank/water pump/alternator. Along with that thread came a part number for a belt for this particular swap. I hvent been able to find this thread and I’m having a hell of a time finding the correct belt. I would love to take my belt in to a parts store but it broke the last time I drove my Datsun because the alternator broke causing the pulley to freeze up which burnt up the belt and causing it to fall off on the freeway somewhere. I’ve  been to 7 different parts stores and over 8 different belt sizes with no luck. The belts r either too long or too short. I’ve tried measuring and giving these auto stores the measurements, but they look at me like I’m some kind of idiot for not telling them the year make and model. 

My crank is two rib, my water pump pulley is two rib, and my new alternator is 3 rib. I can use a 2rib belt on the 3 rib alternator pulley, but I can’t use a 3 rib belt on my crank and water pump pulleys. 

Has anyone ever done this swap and know what I’m talking about? Any help would be great. If I’m not making any sense in this post,  I’ll be more than happy to answer any questions. I need some help. Thanks in advance 

Tb7jmw.jpg

Edited by Booger
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

That?

Nahh thats not not the one. I see that a couple days ago but it’s different. I used a single cam lower/upper alternator mount, single cam pulley and a single cam thermostat housing. I did find a build thread but the owner didn’t specify belt number. He stated he would address it at a later time but never did. I’ll link the build ?

Shoot I just found it. Hope this help anyone looking for this mod. Idk y it took me over a week to find ?‍♂️ 

http://www.freshalloy.com/showthread.php/158095-ka24de-Junkyard-Power-steering-delete-brackets

lemme know if anyone can read the last digit of the part number. Idk what it says ? 

• Like 1