Mystery Wires? Where do these go?

Mike Phillips

While poking around in the engine compartment working on the headlamp relay discussed in this thread I found 2 mystery wires with no obvious place to attach or plug them into?

This picture was taken while standing in front of the truck, driver's side, looking down at the inside back of the core support where the back of the inner headlamp is located. It's coming out of the portion of the wiring harness that also has the wires going to the inner headlamp.

I can't find anything to plug this wire into?

MysteryPlug.jpg

This picture was taken of the inner passenger fenderwell, there's a wire with a female blade and I don't see any apparent place this attaches?

MysteryWire.jpg

Close-up - it's a fairly short wire coming out of the wire harness in this area.

MysteryWirec.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This does not look stock. The two wires you're holding look like they are just pushed into the black connector. What colore are the wires comming from the harness??? beneath it?? Hard to tell from here.

MysteryPlug.jpg

Looks like a replacement voltage regulator. The original may have had a lug under the mounting screw. The new didn't have it so it's not connected up. The regulator is grounded to the body now.

MysteryWirec.jpg

This does not look stock. The two wires you're holding look like they are just pushed into the black connector. What color are the wires coming from the harness??? beneath it?? Hard to tell from here.

I should have inspect more closely, you're were dead on...

It was just some wires poked into the plug.

MysteryWire02.jpg

I hadn't put the windshield washer fluid tank back on yet because I've been focusing on getting the truck running and legal but I went and got it out of a box of parts and the plug wired in fits the washer fluid motor for the washer fluid tank.

Mystery solved.

Thanks!

dblthumb2.gif

Isn't that something! I saw the thing that holds the washer reservoir but thought it was for the charcoal emissions canister. '75 and on had them there and I didn't realize till now that the early models has the reservoir at the front. Even saw the plastic hose and it didn't connect with me. Learn something every day with these trucks.