wiring a 720 kill switch?

My truck was stolen here in Oakland yesterday.  Luckily I was able to find it abandoned by this homeless encampment not far away.  I have surveillance footage of the guy getting in and starting up my car which only seemed to take a few minutes.  I've been trying to figure out which connection would be best to wire a kill switch into.  Specifically what color wires where and where they lead too.  Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Nick

• Like 1
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Electric fuel pump. A full carb will only get you a couple of blocks. The fuel pump relay is beside the glove box, forward of the door hinge just above the kick panel.

https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/The-Datsun-and-Nissan-Pickup-Fuel-Pump-Relay-What-the-Haynes-Automotive-Repair-Manual-Wont-Tell-You

Looks like the White/Black wire needs a switch in line.

No amount of jumper (hot) wires to the coil or ignition will get her going without fuel. They'll never figure this out. Hide the switch well.

• Like 1

if anyone gets bored and feels like private messaging a good hiding place for a switch i'd be very grateful to hear your ideas.  I'm trying the ashtray right now and although the back corner isn't really visible to the driver but it seems a bit obvious

• Like 1

See if you can find one with a rear defogger switch. My 710 has a small rectangular panel with rocker switch and a blue light to show it's on. Pretty sure it just pushes into the hole in the dash. My B-210 had the same thing.

'80-'81 720

25350-W1000a__63998.1525049952.500.750.J

Mine's like this one...

s-l225.jpg

• Like 3
Guest Mojo510

In my brothers 84 kingcab we gutted the cig lighter and put a push button switch inside, you could either pull out the lighter and push button or just push the lighter, did this in 1992 for him and still working today B)

S