Z20 turbo build

Ash_johno86

Hi all, just purshaced a 720 ute with a Z20s installed (did originally have Z22s) I'm planning to bolt up a turbo blow through set up! I want to do some bottom end work and have been reading about all the LZ engines and would love to build one but I'm in Australia and struggling to find parts to do so, would anyone have a contact or would anyone have advice on which way to go if I carnt get parts? I'm pretty keen on sticking with this engine and not upgrading to the Z24 or KA engine! Any help or word of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the engine has already been replaced once... so you dont have matching numbers anymore...

Personal In that situation what I would do is compare what you have to a possible z24 or ka swap...

Compare you costs..

Parts availivilty, head options and upgrades...

I don't know much about any of those engines, so that's up to you on the choices...

See which one will support more what your trying to do.....

Might sound wierd but if you start with what your trying to achieve you'll be able to choose the best motor to suit. Plus if you decide to do the swap you'll still have a runner while you build your motor....

Z18 is the source for turbo parts for the Z engines. I have no idea if Australia got them. In the US we never had them so you have to get lucky or import the parts. Or use a KA single cam turbo manifold with some basic mods