Clutch and transmission help

la_leo

So I was attempting to change my clutch master and slave cylinder this afternoon. On the slave cylinder I was able to unscrew the hose from it and take it off. Should I be able to push the clutch plate in by hand? Because I could not. It had about half an inch of play in it but that's about it. I also found a broken switch on the passenger side of the transmission. I'll include a picture of it and where it was mounted to, but I'm not sure what switch it is. Rock auto lists two switches that look like this one, one is listed as the neutral safety switch and the other as the reverse light switch. They look the same but have two different part numbers. Also on the master cylinder the hard line is seized. I managed to round it off with a flare nut wrench. I tried penetrating liquid and heat but it's ON THERE. I'm thinking of cutting it, putting a new fitting, and re flaring the line. Any other suggestions?

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reverse gear switch .... 32005-K1004

Top gear switch............ 32006-K2402 .... located mid way up side on tail just behind adapter plate same level as the reverse switch.

Neutral gear switch....... 32006-K2400 .... located high on the top back right side of tail just forward of the shifter.

• Like 1

Reverse gear switch .... 32005-K1004

Top gear switch............ 32006-K2402 .... located mid way up side on tail just behind adapter plate same level as the reverse switch.

Neutral gear switch....... 32006-K2400 .... located high on the top back right side of tail just forward of the shifter.

didn't see a top gear switch.....
  • Like 1

I have a good suspicion that this transmission has been dropped before. The reverse light switch and wiring looks like it has been mauled. Unless nissan used rtv silicone on the transmission, then somebody has definitely been in this transmission for sure.

• Like 1