Please help! I'm new to this site as well

jahlef720

I have an 85 Nissan ST pickup, and yesterday morning I went to warm up my truck and as soon as I started it my battery light came on and I noticed my Fuel, Temp and RPM gauges weren't working, along with my turn signals. I recently replaced my flasher for the signals and my hazards are dtill working. I checked the fuses in the fuse box, all the connections behind the cluster, and had my battery tested. Eveything seems to be in order. I just can't figure out what the problem is, any help would be appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't trust a fuse by looking at it. If suspect always replace it. Put a new 15 amp (I believe) in the 4th fuse position over from the left hand side of the fuse box. This is the gauge, warning lamps, seat belt timer, back up lamps and best of all.... the turn signals. Which you recently replaced the flasher on. So something was wrong with the turn signals? that you replaced the flasher? I can't see how replacing the flasher would blow the fuse but maybe there is something wrong with one of the bulbs? Was a bulb replaced recently?

Try a new fuse. Try a left turn... if the fuse blows again you know it's on the left or right if you turn right.

Oh and welcome to Ratsun, jahlef.

• Like 2