DGEV 32/36 1979 A15 Throttle linkage problem

Pr0t0lyfe

Hi guys i need some help here
I just got this 32/36 weber carb from redline and there is no bracket with the kit that will hold my throttle cable in place.

I already swapped the old butterfly linkage over to the new weber and it works like a charm but i need a bracket that will hold the cable in place
any suggestions? (mines the style that goes over the valve cover)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have already put the linkage from the other carburator on. It does not bolt right up
The old hitatchi had a bracket just above the butterfly lever that was screwed into the side of the carb with 2 screws"
The weber doesnt have a spot for this bracket and the ones supplied bolt into the carb mounts on the manifold and those only work for the throttle cable design that comes from the driver side
Mine loops over the valve cover and down to the passenger side of the carb

I just recently replaced the Hitachi on my 78 620 with the Weber 32/36 and I used my existing cable and bracket.  I think all I did was cut the little ball off the cable and put the one on that came with the Weber.  Your carb should have come with the brackets to hook it all up and instructions.  I have the brackets and extra stuff that I didn't use if you want mine you can have it free.  I can probably ship it to you for $2 or $3 shipping.  Let me know if you need it and what your address is.  Dan