I need help badly. Datsun 510 will not stay idling or pull itself.

I thought I'd attempt to post a pic of my multi-colored 510, in the spirit of promoting the idea that all Datsuns don't have to be pretty and shiny. The other side has a dark blue fender and an orange door. I need to do something so they match a little better.

I've been struggling for the last hour or more trying to post the pic from my Flickr account. I finally gave that up as a lost cause. I'm pretty sure even if I figured it out today, by the next time I wanted to post a pic, Flickr would have "improved" something on their site to the point I would have to relearn everything afresh. So I started a Photobucket account and that may work for me. I think I'm starting to understand why most folks use Photobucket.

Also this pic was taken with a new-to-me used digicam off craigslist (Sony A5000 if anyone cares). So I'm also trying to learn to use it. All this e-learning is making my head hurt.

510Patina_zpsxgqddoas.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be in the over 40 club. Me too and I just got a smart phone last year.

Photobucket aint all it's cracked up to be, but I guess the grass is always greener. My experience with Photobucket is about the same as your with Flickr. I hate the new Photobucket format, but I can't change it or I'll lose 5 years worth of forum postings.

Nice dime btw.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of Photobucket, but I wanted to see if I could actually get a picture posted today. And thanks to Photobucket I accomplished that, but I suspect beginner's luck is at work. As you said, being over 40 (much over!) makes e-anything a struggle.

I thought maybe I was being a bit over critical of Flickr. It seemed fair to go to one of the Flickr help forums to see if someone had an easy answer to my posting problems. Alas, I clicked on the Flickr Feedback section first: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211185-us-flickrClick on the comments on nearly any topic if you want to read what really angry people have to say. "Auto-tagging" seems to be the latest Flickr "improvement" that has users incensed. But maybe Photobucket users aren't any happier.

Thanks for the comment on my shabby 510. I had a week of jury duty a few weeks ago and I realized how bad the 510 looked in a parking lot full of cars no older than 5 years (Probably few of them paid for though). Every day when I left the courthouse I half way expected the county Swat team to have my 510 surrounded. There must be something illegal about a car that looks that bad!

My wife had to drive the dime last year for a month when her newer car expired (and the 510 saved the day!). She got stopped by a county deputy for loud exhaust (it is loud, no question). I think the officer was a bit embarrassed to find the driver was a well dressed older woman on her way to a respectable office job, not the crazed meth-head with outstanding warrants he was probably expecting. But she always drives too fast so I appreciate the county sheriff's office keeping her nervous.

Len

I do like the thought all Datsuns don't have to be shiny. Funny enough ive had two cars with perfect paint, and it made me feel empty haha. I'm use to primer and mismatched paint myself. Not alot of other people really get that. I actually had before this a 93 miata, someone had done rust repair with bondo, I cut that crap out fixed it and primered it. People gave me so much crap for "destroying that pretty red paint job" my response always was "its my car not yours so don't worry about it". Its actually quite surprising this car never saw a repaint. Its actually in pretty good shape. Yesterday I was actually able to straighten out the rear tail light panel quite well! Not perfect but quite good. You really have to look to tell its not perfect. I'm still yet to pull that "tow bar" off. I'm afraid to look at that valance! But the more and more I look at and mess with this car the more I love it. Anyhow, ill keep you guys updated.