74 ka-t 620*update* MAYBE sale/trade

OMG what a beast :devil:  and yeah if you spread out the spending like that it doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up in the end. Im in the works of dropping in a ka24de from a 92 240sx(s13) into my 74 datsun 620 but I want to run the ka trans i know its more work than just dropping in a trans from a 720 or 280z. I also bought redeyes brackets and icehouse can/am box and also invested my money on front disck convertion just waiting on the brackets from beebani. I'm also doing most of the work at home with basic tools it can be done love your build mam awesome and what do you have in mind for the rear end or does the stock rear end work fine for you I have read that the stock rear end on these trucks make them whine up high on the rpms when you drive on the highways its ok when your cruising around town any feed back on the subject and experience from your truck

• Like 2
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

lil update.. more goodies..

after about a two month wait, i finally got beebanis coilover brackets and adjustable upper and lower control arms

20150518_130902.jpg

20150518_130829.jpg

and the coilovers and springs to go with em. ended up getting the single adjustable qa1s with 450# springs

20150518_125920.jpg

20150518_130012.jpg

other than some tune edits, i havent really done much with the truck in the past few months. lately ive been putting a bunch of time and money into my daily driver(240sx), which is slowly turning into a daily "drift car project"... as both my vehicles are turning into "race cars", i may need to sell one, as im burning through cash too fast, and would prefer a more suitable daily. with the 240 now being my purpose built car for drift events, the 620 may have to go.

so im just putting this out there.. i dont want this to turn into a for sale/trade thread, as the 620 build will still go on, but if someone gives me an offer or trade i cant refuse, i may take it. so for those who may be interested, this thread basically explains it all. the truck will also come with the original running l18 and trans that were pulled, along with other goodies and original parts that came with the truck. im looking to get somewhere around $8000 for the whole package obo, a somewhat equivalent trade, or a possible lower value trade plus cash. i understand that its still an ongoing project and will still need some work(although its fine as is, it can just be "better"), and imo what im valuing the truck at is kind of steep, but i dont NEED to sell it, and would LIKE to keep it. im just looking for someone who wants it more than i do. also, this would be an all or nothing deal, i will not be parting stuff out.

so with that being said, if i dont get an offer, ill continue the project, but progress will be a bit slower as i cant do the welding stuff myself, and im also low on funds right now and probably will be for a while. who knew this race car stuff could be so financially draining lol. oh well, gotta pay to play right? either way the trucks doing well and has nowhere to go but up. stay tuned

• Like 2