Hey guys!

I know its been a LONG time since i have been here and ive been really busy. And well I want to let you guys know that its nearly official I going to get a job for the sake of my Datsun. I am going to save up for an SR20DET swap. I'm going to do this for the reason that when i go to College either in Houston or San Fran i plan on taking my Datsun with me. And i know the poor car wont even make it to San Fran and much less up the hills. So i need more power and the only reasonable way seems to be SR. Im not doing this because of the whole drift craze but rather for a better use...And yes i do plan on packing a strong punch. I'm aiming for about 300 horsepower. More than enough to get the steepest hill in San Fran and can maybe outrun the hurricanes! lol So yea im going to go for a S-13 Red Top and hook it up after a while of having it. The red top is cheaper but it would also look better and most of all work better! Guys what do you think?

Red Top or Black Top

keep in mind I would like to achieve 300 horsepower eventually! o and a nice big turbo! love boost now! ever since my friends supra! so yea if i can get you opinion and the pros and cons or what ever you want to tell me is nice.

Quick question is it true that all parts that fit a 510 would fit a 710? Like suspension wise? Brake wise? etc wise?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

front suspention wise the front ends are compatable the rear is not as for the sr swap seems like a good way to go but a stock l20 handles frisco hills well enough (been there doen that just a little doggy) remember upgrade brakes along with the motor going fast means nothing if you cant stop

yea i know the car can make it up the hills of course...hella slow and the dependality will go down as well. So your saying Front suspension is the same but rear isnt...ok but how bout the brakes...if possible i would like to get this

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/851921497.html but its for a 510 and really expensive...o and i think I might be the first 710 swap to sr...just waiting on the money

Front suspension is the same except maybe the sway bar. Front brakes are interchangeable so those will work ok. The rear suspension is IRS in the 510 and solid axle in the 710 with leaf springs, not even close to the IRS springs. The rear brakes I am not so sure about, doubt they are the same but havent heard they wont work for sure.

Front suspension is the same except maybe the sway bar. Front brakes are interchangeable so those will work ok. The rear suspension is IRS in the 510 and solid axle in the 710 with leaf springs, not even close to the IRS springs. The rear brakes I am not so sure about, doubt they are the same but havent heard they wont work for sure.

sweet but i know ima need to have good suspension infact nearly race ready maybe because of all the extra weight...and brakes are gonna be a MUST! if the brakes as is suck sorta...ok well they stop but yea not somethingi trust if i have to stop from 60 to 0 hella quick

Guest jaimesix

Hey Jbrd, hope you go this year to JCCS, it will be happening at Irvine.

Oct 5th.

BTW, about 2 mos ago I went to Home depot and saw your car at Best Buys' lot.

Looked nice!

Jaime.______________________________________________________

jaime would know best whenit comes to 710 rear brakes but i kow for a fact that any upgrade to the front end that works on a 510 works on a 610 and 710 if i were you i would throw some 280zx struts in the front they come with a brake upgrade there shorter for more lowering ability and an all around better strut

Guest jaimesix

Come to JCCS and you will see plenty of cars, plenty of visual examples of what you are looking for, the best opportunity ever for you to visualize and find out what, how, when and where to do it.

I read your PM Jbrd, I am about to hit the hay , I will reply to you tomorrow.

Good night everybody.

Jaime.______________________________________________________