1976 Datsun 620 Long Box Sport Truck

rusty_67

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?? Im not sure I understand. One thing I can say is that I didnt quite have the right tools, so I just sorta pressed down on the panel with my hand but the front side of tte patch actually lifted so my weld isnt perfect there. Plus I eyeballed my patch when I cut it so the mount corner is ugly... I will actually try to recreate the curves like the stock pan

D6AB44A7-E5B4-446F-A16C-EA9406866477_zps

The floor pan I bought was about 22ga also.  And yes, it did the same thing.  I'm not that concerned about it.  You could try the hammer route, but it may come back.  You could also bend up a thin gauge c channel (maybe 0.375x1.5x18in or so), and plug weld it to the underside of the pan.  That would stiffen it up nicely.  not so great if you're going for an original look though.

• Like 1

current plan is to fully restore it...I just dont know if restored to time period with correct paint and correct emission system or just make everything look good and sellable <--- 'cause thats the ultimate goal...The weber carb, the floor pans, the missing emissions system and the custom cab bushings throw it off...Anyway, thats all gonna be on a build thread once I start sandblasting.

Oh and I still have my red long bed that I posted previously. Keeping that one as my DD. Sorry for the thread jacking...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...