710 returns to the motherland gaijin ( Midlife crisis build )

Some goodies for the 710 and some 1 of 3 datsun art from Noname

image_20.jpg

I was also able to find some 710 pieces from the nostalgic 2days show up in Tokyo last weekend. Scored a couple 710 badges for the rear trim. Only thing I need is the trunk emblem now and I'm done with that department :)

image_21.jpg

Also got a keychain that matches the front emblem :)

image_22.jpg

Hopefully I can find some more pieces for the 710 at this weekends show.

• Like 8
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! I'm retired USN. Lived in Hawai'i for almost 13 years. Dove and got drunk in Guam. Can't remember if that's the pier I fell off of or if that was a buddy (there were other piers in the Philippines and Japan, but I digress.....). Still using the Sony boombox I bought at the PX in '87. Guessing you know what us haoles say Guam stands for, eh?  :angel:

Anyway, cool thread....subscribed.

Sucks about your Photobucket problems. I also found trying to do uploads, etc. from my smartphone a PITA, so just wait until I'm at the computer.

This is your work area? Wow!

image_19.jpg

Normally, not a fan of the JDM bullet fender mirrors, but those are gonna look killer on your 710.

image_20.jpg

Look forward to more progress, but understand it doesn't happen overnight. Heck, we're into Year 11 of the six month remodel on the house. It took 10 years before I gave up on roadster #1. Hopefully, roadster #2 will be running this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Ha! I'm retired USN. Lived in Hawai'i for almost 13 years. Dove and got drunk in Guam. Can't remember if that's the pier I fell off of or if that was a buddy (there were other piers in the Philippines and Japan, but I digress.....). Still using the Sony boombox I bought at the PX in '87. Guessing you know what us haoles say Guam stands for, eh? :angel:

Anyway, cool thread....subscribed.

Sucks about your Photobucket problems. I also found trying to do uploads, etc. from my smartphone a PITA, so just wait until I'm at the computer.

This is your work area? Wow!

image_19.jpg

Normally, not a fan of the JDM bullet fender mirrors, but those are gonna look killer on your 710.

image_20.jpg

Look forward to more progress, but understand it doesn't happen overnight. Heck, we're into Year 11 of the six month remodel on the house. It took 10 years before I gave up on roadster #1. Hopefully, roadster #2 will be running this year.

Yeah I have very little motivations to post pics on this forums due to the photobucket problems. Hopefully you get your project finished this year.

Good thing about living in Japan I'm only a few hours away from Guam but 8 hour away from Hawaii not so good.

So it's been slow but I've been tracking down parts for the gaijin 710. Expecting parts from New Zealand this month and Malaysia hopefully this month aswell.

When I chose the 710 to be my restoration project here in Japan it was because of a few reasons

1 being that it was my first car

2 just because I like it anyway

3 because Japan has the violet here and it's should be easy to get parts right?? WRONG

It's been a long drawn out process.

Anyway my house is almost done with the renovations so I will be back home in about a month and I'll have more time to do work on the 710. I have been slacking in going there because there is only so much tear down I can do before it's time to put it back and I can't put anything back without any parts :)

Soooo as usual I'm just killing time by getting random bits for future builds and WHEELS! The selection here is endless! The more I look the more I find :D

So here are a few pictures of wheels some will be ran on the 710 some pure garage art and the occasional set that will grow wings and find is JDM ass in a USDM world haha

6 lug Volk

image_48.jpg

image_45.jpg

image_52.jpg

image_51.jpg

image_53.jpg

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

image_20.jpg

Really cool project !  :thumbup:  Follows ! :)

Also I'm looking for fender mirrors for my violet, wondered where you bought yours ? Ebay ? Do you have a link for them that you could send ? :D would really appreciate it  :D

• Like 1

Really cool project ! :thumbup: Follows ! :)

Also I'm looking for fender mirrors for my violet, wondered where you bought yours ? Ebay ? Do you have a link for them that you could send ? :D would really appreciate it :D

Thanks bud. I just got them here in japan. I have a few sets but its buried since the renovation. Ive seen these for sale on ebay but your best bet would be to post a WTB in the classifieds if you dont want to get raped on evilbay :)

Where are you located? Id like to see pictures of your violet if possible :)

Okay :) have searched some and found some mirrors on ebay that looked nice, but would be nice to have mirrors that I know fits without modifying :) Do you know the name or brand ? And I will mabye try to ask here on the forum then :D

I live in Norway :) 

Can post a pic here :)

20150905_183152_zpsuqr0dnkf.jpg

It's a '77 model, so it has the new rear end they changed in '77 :)