Help me set up my new SU's

EndStar

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just need a tee off of the fuel line from the fuel pump,one line to each carb or put the tee at the first carb and run to the second.If you're using a stock fuel pump you shouldnt need a fuel pressure regulator.

i know its an electric pump, am im only hesitant and putting the T on the first one because it wont equally distribute the fuel, unless it doesnt matter

Check out the two pictures in my thread about my '75.  They show an original fuel line setup which includes a return line.  Might help you determine how to proceed.

so you have it split to 2 seperate lines then 1 goes to front carb and the other to the rear?

No, look closer.   This is a factory fuel line taken from a '72 240Z (I think, but it could be a '73).

Front carb is fed from a tee (hard to see) in the lower metal line.  Rear carb is fed from the short curved metal line off the bottom of a little square block at the back end of the line.  The block connects the lower line to the upper line also.  The entire upper line is a return line.

Theoretically this provides the same fuel pressure to both carbs as they both get fuel via a tee in the line as the fuel passes down the line and back through the return.   

Both carbs vent to fitting on the back of the stock air cleaner.

280ZSep122014007_zps174f18cf.jpg

280ZSep122014006_zpsdf7158bd.jpg

No, look closer.   This is a factory fuel line taken from a '72 240Z (I think, but it could be a '73).

Front carb is fed from a tee (hard to see) in the lower metal line.  Rear carb is fed from the short curved metal line off the bottom of a little square block at the back end of the line.  The block connects the lower line to the upper line also.  The entire upper line is a return line.

Theoretically this provides the same fuel pressure to both carbs as they both get fuel via a tee in the line as the fuel passes down the line and back through the return.   

Both carbs vent to fitting on the back of the stock air cleaner.

280ZSep122014007_zps174f18cf.jpg

so the front tees off from one line, and the rear is fed by both lines then. that would work pretty well if i can set it up correctly