720 Dash Removal Write Up?

Bennn

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've pulled mine out twice and the process takes about 30 min. to remove for your first time anyway.

1. Pull steering column cover off.

2. Remove cluster. Unplug everything from the back, 2 screws for the front cover, then I think 2 screws that hold the cluster in.

3. Unplug anything else coming off the dash like cig. lighter, light dimmer knob/switch, etc.

4. Start unbolting the dash bolts around the edges. In mine there's also a bolt in the glove box so check that too.

5. Start pulling the dash out with the vents cause they should come right out of there....positions I guess. lol Like they'll unhook themselves from the rest of the vent plumbing.

I think that's it. As long as your not fighting anything then it should be a clean breeze.

Oh, and it your truck happens to have a steering column cover on the bottom remove that cause that also holds the dash in place. Should be 2 bolts and 1 screw.

• Like 1

I've pulled mine out twice and the process takes about 30 min. to remove for your first time anyway.

1. Pull steering column cover off.

2. Remove cluster. Unplug everything from the back, 2 screws for the front cover, then I think 2 screws that hold the cluster in.

3. Unplug anything else coming off the dash like cig. lighter, light dimmer knob/switch, etc.

4. Start unbolting the dash bolts around the edges. In mine there's also a bolt in the glove box so check that too.

5. Start pulling the dash out with the vents cause they should come right out of there....positions I guess. lol Like they'll unhook themselves from the rest of the vent plumbing.

I think that's it. As long as your not fighting anything then it should be a clean breeze.

Oh, and it your truck happens to have a steering column cover on the bottom remove that cause that also holds the dash in place. Should be 2 bolts and 1 screw.

Perfect! that's all i need! thank you!

• Like 1

I wasn't sure how the dash was designed. Some vehicles all of it has to come out then the skin will be accessible enough to unbolt. So as long as the metal framings there. It'll bolt up yeah? Reason I ask is because I'm doing a custom fiberglass interior. Which I might start on this weekend or sometime around the 20th. Gotta see what my overtime pay looks like. Lol

don't know about the steering but those electrical connectors gave me hell.  apparently the trick is to push on the tabs then pull them apart.   the tach connector gave me the most hell...  could not find any tabs to push so i just used channel locks to pull it out. 

wasn't planning on pulling out the dash but now i'm seriously thinking about it.  decisions...