Laguna Seca 510 Build

Hello Ratsuners, my name is Jeremy and i have been a member of this site for a while but never got around to sharing my story with you, ive updated my build on my instagram mostly.. that being said here are the details.. i bought this 1972 datsun 510 from Portland Pick n Pull last fall and have been fiddling with it ever since.. the car was posted on a bloggers page a few years back on "old parked cars" here are the pictures that user uploaded to give you an idea of what i started with..

1973-Datsun-510-4-door-sedan-01.jpg

1973-Datsun-510-4-door-sedan-02.jpg

1973-Datsun-510-4-door-sedan-03.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every surface that was stripped and rust was prevalent, i grinded and applied POR-15 to.. and spots and had holes that i didnt trust in case welding would allow future rust i used fiberglass on, grinded and then topped off with body filler and sanded it smooth so that when primer was layed it would not allow bubbles or ripples of any kind.

643.jpg

712.jpg

723.jpg

642.jpg

714.jpg

751.jpg

753.jpg

752.jpg

754.jpg

756.jpg

759.jpg

When deciding what color to paint this car, i had a hard time deciding but knew in the end i wanted a blue variant color, i though factory baby blue is nice, but i wanted to do something different. most people are growing to like voodoo blue from a toyota fj cruiser, and ford grabber blue, and powder blue, but being a BMW owner as well i thought the laguna seca blue available on the M3 was an excellent color and am so happy i decided to go this route.. its only a matter of time before someone else does this same color but i could care less its my car and ill do what i like to it.

• Like 5

Now you are all up to date with my build, i need to finish prepping the interior floors and trunk for a bedliner substance application, and then the car will be ready for paint. its been a long journey so far and a lot of work but it has been constantly paying off in self satisfaction. i plan to keep this car for a while so future plans obviously after paint include updating the suspension and brakes as well as lowering it on some nice wheels and tires and possibly a KA swap in the further future. thank you for reading through and i will try my best to keep this thing updated.

• Like 1