F10 Coupe Build "Betty"

I am about ready to give the F10 a go.

Gathered together these parts:

Uncut center console with working clock

Factory tachometer (mine works intermittently)

Radiator fan sensor/switch

Tune up kit

Amplifier, 4 way speakers, coax for phone to amp, 2 6" speaker boxes, 2 4" speaker enclosures.

Front and rear over ride bars 

JDM front bumper

Nissan fog lamps

Complete brake over haul parts

Leather for re-upholstery

14" wheels

Dash mount compass

New door seals

Japan ordered new Delay wiper switch, it plugs into the existing wiring no cutting!

The first order of business will be modifying the bumpers. I removed the chrome covers. Next up will be installing the over ride bars. I am toying with the idea of having the bumpers flush up against the car (collapse the shocks). I bought a JDM front bumper but it needs to be repaired and I need to find a JDM rear bumper.

The manifolds bolts were loose on the head and the exhaust manifold had a broken stud. It is now off and being cleaned up.

Here is a pic of the fog lamps 

2014-04-24200232.jpg

I would like the car to like the GX-Twin race car, But it will be charcoal instead of yellow.

1317104893054032895.jpg

Tomorrow I will post a few picks of the car and parts.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, I'd love to get my hands on an E10 "coupe" (3 door hatch) but they are impossible to find. So, are you planning on running dual DCOEs? Just  heads up, Steve over at Bogg Brothers has an oval port and round port template to make R1 manifolds for A-series. Here is a picture of my R1 manifold:

P1000535_zps1a30ed10.jpg

Good luck on the build. Time to show those honduhs what a real FWD can do :P

Kirden, I saw that manifold on your thread and was going to contact you. I keep going back and forth between stock twin or the quad R1.

I was going to ad picks today but it rained while I was home this morning.

I am having trouble matching the GX Twin flares, I really want that exact look. Can any one point me in the right direction?

Needs flares.but already looks fun

I am trying to buy flares now, I believe that is the one item that will make the biggest difference. Trouble is the flares I am looking for are of a classic design, I am trying to match the ones that are on the car in my avatar. The only ones that seem to be even close are the BMW flares for their 80's style cars. I plan on going down to the local PNP and measuring the wheel well and the curve of the body for fitment.

If any one is aware of a source for this classic "bubble" or "BRE" flare style please let me know. I have shopped the internet for the current "bubble"/"BRE" flares and they are entirely different.

I bought a JDM bumper, the same one shown on the yellow car used for my avatar. The steel portion has pretty much rotted away and only the chrome plating is maintaining its shape. Does any one know how to either restore this one or use it as a mold for a fiberglass version? 

I am not sure if the 14" wheel is the look I am after, do you all think a 15" or 16" wheel would look better or should I pick up a deep 13" and match the yellow one?

I have thought about pulling out the dash face and filing down the square gauge enclosures and putting a veneer over it with round gauge openings. To match the pics of the JDM "GX" model.

130106a04l.jpg

• 1 year later...

Betty and I have been seeing each other more often lately....I will post details and pics of the goings on for those who like to watch.

Make up for Betty.

20150724_130858.jpg

Not Betty.

giphy.gif

The baby.

.​20150716_145845.jpg

PS: I will try to restore earlier pics. :thumbup: