INSTAGRAM!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

# is a pound sign. Not a hash tag. I don't want to "pound" Ratsun. I post images to ratsun.net from my phone. As well, I don't make images look worse with phone based filters. Sorry, I know I'm an ass on this issue, but... I've been using Photoshop, and the Gimp for, too long. It's painful to see this Internet presto generation throw a sepia tone on a grey'd out image and call it fancy. Or blur it out and call it old fashioned. Or murder the saturation levels and call it Polaroid. I'm just sick of lackluster shortcuts these days. Honestly, I'd be pretty okay if Instagram didn't push the filter culture. But they do. So fuck em.

I'm ".net"

Print that shit on a Ratsun tee shirt. I'll buy it.

Every service is what you make it... If you don't want sepia on your photos, don't do it. Don't want high contrast, don't do it.

There are thousands of companies and individuals that use IG without any of those effects. It's just easier to follow along a lot of companies and builds when you can snap a photo and instantly upload it to all your friends.

Hell I like that people that I don't even know like my photos. Not only does my car get recognition outside of my normal Ratsun community, but it also always me to see these other builds I might not normally see all over the world.

Just like .NET If all you do is spend you time in one section, you miss out on a ton of cool things. Obviously it's not for everyone... Some people don't even do forums and just stay on The Bluebird List. Some don't even do that.

• Like 1

I think it's pretty pointless for a Ratsun Instagram thread, just because of how many users here won't click a Facebook link. 

I do agree with Tristin above. I don't user filters on any of my photos, I leave them how I edited them on Lightroom. 

Also seems like Jastrunk wants more followers. I don't even promote my own Facebook page or Instagram.