will a ka24de just bolt on my 85 nissan 720?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It will bolt to the stock 720 transmission though.

A car DE will  have the wrong oil pan for a truck and a truck DE oil pan won't fit the car DE motor. The truck DE motor and oil pan will likely work as it is fitted to a Hardbody truck. Motor mounts are also different but they can be modified to work. The 720 has a low pressure fuel pump that won't work on the DE's EFI. The DE exhaust won't bolt to the stock 720 down pipe, but will need mods.

• Like 1

will a ka24de bolt on or sit in the 720 bay with out mods?

No it will need some mods to bolt it in. It will not just 'drop in' and bolt up and go. Physically there is room for it and the mods are not extensive. As mentioned the 720 will have to be converted to EFI. Rad should work. Transmission will work. 

Oh ok thanks man! Ima look for more info! I was wondering wat diffetence does a webber carburator do?

Won't work on a DE but could be used to replace the stock 720 carb. I would check if you are in California as it will not pass a visual or actual smog check.

Generally the stock carb when running properly gives the best mileage and running. The weber carbs are simpler can increase performance when set up properly.