Need 620 battery specs

SickDrift

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that sounds like whats in my 73 620. should be more than enough for sturning that small truck over. unless you have a high comp otor of course. but since you said stock, that should bo good to go.

Yeah, Im gonna exchange it right now.. hahah it's my friends shop anyway, plus later in the year I'm installing an L20 with slightly raised compression.. and it's only a couple bucks more. I wont be hurtin on CCA's for sure:)

I don't think you can find batteries with the specs of the original, but it was a lot less than the 500s you have there (probably under 300). I still remember my folks having to add water to the batteries in their 620 and their Toyota in the early 80s, and each cell had a single cap. Checked the electrolyte with that little float-type tester. Checked antifreeze that way too. Does anyone still do that?

I don't think you can find batteries with the specs of the original, but it was a lot less than the 500s you have there (probably under 300). I still remember my folks having to add water to the batteries in their 620 and their Toyota in the early 80s, and each cell had a single cap. Checked the electrolyte with that little float-type tester. Checked antifreeze that way too. Does anyone still do that?

Thanks for the info. I have overdone it now with the battery as it is an Interstate MT-34 with 700 CCA's. Atleast I'll never have it be an issue.

I did call a local battery place and they suggested the mt-24, which is 100 CCA's less, but my friend only had the 34 in stock. Either way, I paid like 40 less because it's my friends shop.;)