my goon hatch wont latch WTF!!

jesusno2

I dunno what's goin on with it the first latch looked like someone had beaten it with a hammer so I found a good used one. But it still won't latch I slam it as hard as I can and it still just pulls right back open. I've been trying to adjust the sticker shimming it up sliding it back and fourth but it still won't latch I finnaly gave up today am I missing something here?? Any on got a got pic of the stricker maybe mines just totally screwd.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the deal the latch in the hatch itself is working like it should but the striker on the body is the only piece that is adjustable that I can see. My car has no seals on the hatch right now but it still won't come down and latch itself and it don't seem right that I need almost 3/8 of a spacer under the striker??

w/o slamming. can you get the latch and the striker to connect properly?

maybe remove it (IIRC i had 1 shim below) and ensure that it is captured correctly in the latch.

maybe its reversed or something???

this was how i adjusted mine... loosened the striker-closed hatch(latched) opened and tightened. took 2 times to get it so no more exhaust came in :love:

the lack of seals maybe a small part of it (too far fowards when closed?)

i hada hard time with a friend one night trying to get a trunk closed on a k car. we oblonged the holes moved it up moved it down moved it side to side. 2 hours later i noticed it had nothing to do with the height or left or right. the trunk had a dent in the middle which changed the angle of the latch.

only noticed this while the latch was off for the 50th time and was sticking the latch off and on the striker. a tiny bit of tilt and it wouldn't catch.