l16 hitachi cuts out

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i did, Dan Hart fixed her. My dizzy was having issues, not timing right (why i had issue doing the timing) so he turned it into a single point dizzy internally to run off one set of points, also the issue with fuel was...wait for it.....

The fucking plunger was swollen 2 times its size, and he had to use vice grips to pull it out. Also they used jets that were a bit to small, he thinks what they have in their rebuild books is based off late 80's / early 90's emissions standards for the cars, because he said the jet size in it is what he used to put in carbs at his shop so cars would pass emissions, so he put bigger jets in, a leather instead of rubber plunger, and now she runs and drives great. he said they did a great job on the rebuild, and the plunger probally acted bad with ethanol fuel or the ethanol i got from chevron was way higher for some reason, and caused the plunger to expand. But now shes fixed and running great again. 

• Like 1

Yah, im now trying to get nat carb to pay for the repairs i had to have done, the carb through them was 220, yet i paid 200 for repairs, i told them they just need to pay me back 65 dollars, for the rebuild kit for the leather plunger not rubber, and the new jets, id take the hit on the labor and stuff, yet they wont respond to that.