z24 Carb Help.

Rocha410

Hey everyone new to the forum having some carb trouble with my z24. I took the stock one off it was leakin fuel and has some other problems I have a stock carb off a z22 motor out of an earlier 720 was wondering if anyone knows if the z22 carb will fit on on my z24 intake the bolt pattern looked close when i was taking the carb of the the z22 but im not sure. Any help or comments would be a great help.

Michael.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you need to pass smog? A Z22 carb may not pass the visual inspection.

Also this is likely the electronic feedback carb with the 6 wire round electrical plug at the back? Again your Z24 ECU under the driver's seat is not likely compatible with it.

I just passed smog about a month ago so i have 2 years. on this model it was just the two blue choke wires not the 6 plug. how important is my ECU? i had a weber on my truck once and I was only running the blue choke wire for awhile i guess the rest of them run to the ECU?

My original z24 carb was a feedback carb it had all the lines running into the 6 plug then back to the ECU witch is under my seat. The carb I got off the z22 is not a feedback carb it just has the two blue electronic choke wires. Should I have my ECU hooked up? if so I'm just gonna have to rebuild my stock carb..

I would if i had it I just got back into town and it was left were I started having problems with it, a couple houndred miles away just trying to get my truck running for work monday haha. I can get the carb back sometime this week tho If the z22 don't work out ill just have to wait n fix it.

You will need the Blue choke wire and the Red idle cut solenoid connected to make a Z22 carb work... if at all Leave the round plug unplugged. I have doubts the jetting will be well matched.

Here's the wiring for the plug. Auto choke heater is L or BLUE wire. RED is the idle cut solenoid. I see a BLACK wire... that should be to ground to make the solenoid work.

ECCelectrocarbZ24engine.jpg

As ggzilla says easier to fix a leak.

• 8 years later...

The six wire carburetor has a solenoid activated primary jet. It opens and closes rapidly and a computer (under driver's seat) sets the opening rate and time to maintain optimum fuel air ratio with feedback from an O2 sensor in the exhaust manifold. 

Your 'new' carburetor has none of this, just a choke heater (Blue) and anti dieseling solenoid (Red) wire.

Xpx5kbG.jpg

Here's the 6 wire connections. Just connect up the choke heater (L is for blue) and the anti dieseling red wire and you should be good to go.