z24 Alternator Wiring HELP?!?!? (Kinda Urgent)

EatLag

Right... got my alternator back from the shop and theirs these 2 wires on my ute, and i forgot where they go with the alternator plug in the alt as soon as i touch these 2 wires onto the alternator the battery sparks ?!? its not continuous just one big ass one and it scares the shit out of me, so where do these 2 wires go?? i know for sure they were together on the alt their is an A and an E,

4HoAbc8.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this what I would do.

Are these stock wires from the truck or soemthing added? if stock it should go up to the fuse box. or could be a driving lights up front as by the yellow lug connection(added)

Ohm ck it see if goes to the fuse box. or if battery is installed it might have 12volts on it. then I would say it goes to the starter lug where the battery wire hooks up as I assume those lugs are the size of the lug on the starter.

You can always ohm it out and see if goes to ground.?

or as GGzillay says maybe the output of the alt is grounding out but I think they would have cked that out. Maybe the insolator broke.?

How about not connecting them and just use the stock electrcal lug and see if the truck runs then what ever dont work that must be it. and maybe its grounding out when its hooked up.