32/36 weber help

datsun521boy

hey guys, i have a 1971 521 datsun, i have a 32/36 degv weber on it, i took my truck to a local show one night, on the way home a screw or jet had fallen out of my weber, i cant seem to find this part nor do i know what it looks like, the truck starts but will die soon as i let go of the gas, it will not idle, it just dies. its drive able but i gota keep it at high rpms.

is there anyone that can tell me what this is part is and tell me the correct size for it.

weberscrew_zps4a6a8658.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the idle speed screw. Call RedlineWeber and order a new one.

Your ilde jet is most likely plugg with dirt and rust thus way you have the speed screw cranked so far in to open the butterfly. Your running oof the main jet right now.

where the accel pump is there is A SCREW SCREW UNSCEW THAT THERE WILL BE A JET. PULL IT OUT AND CLEAN IT.

LOOOK UP A DIAGRQAM IS IN DOUGHT

thats guys but its not the jets, i have check the main jet and secondary jet, they are both clean, im talking about the piece above it were it looks like its missing something. the tube with threads

The idle jet isn't the main or secondary.  It's in the side.  Under a brass cap, or covered by the anti-dieseling solenoid (if it has one).  Same side as the choke, for the main idle jet.

The thing your looking at, which isn't on any weber diagrams I've found, is either a mounting boss for some sort of bracket or a vacuum line port, which should be capped if that's what it is and isn't being used.  I'd have to look at my Weber collection to see if any of mine have that.

The idle jet isn't the main or secondary.  It's in the side.  Under a brass cap, or covered by the anti-dieseling solenoid (if it has one).  Same side as the choke, for the main idle jet.

The thing your looking at, which isn't on any weber diagrams I've found, is either a mounting boss for some sort of bracket or a vacuum line port, which should be capped if that's what it is and isn't being used.  I'd have to look at my Weber collection to see if any of mine have that.

it doesn't have a anti-dieseling solenoid, and that's true i haven't found it on any diagram either and if you can that would be great dude, this is my first 32/36 weber i ever had so i need the help lol. i believe it had a screw on it but it fell out, would that cause it to get drity inside?

Yes the pic two posts up is the vac port.

Plug the brass piece in question to see if it's pulling vac through.

This diagram shows it, but doesn't label it:

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/32-36_dfev_parts_breakdown.htm

This one shows a different float style. Use for reference when adjusting the float:

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/32-36_dgev_parts_breakdown.htm

Once you fix the carb, tune it exactly as this tells you to:

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tech/carburetor_set_up_and_lean_best_.htm

Here is this pic:

WeberDGEV.jpg

From what I'm finding, it looks like it is plugged, or not even drilled out on most applications.

I say plug it and see what happens.

Here is another pic with it plugged:

1000x1000.jpg

just saying that speed screw is turn all the way in .

^^ This is also why I included that link on how to tune the carb.  It tells you what to look for when adjusting the idle set screw, and it specifically says it should not be turned in that much.  Otherwise, there are issues elsewhere, but those issues could just be the wrong jets installed, which, determining if you need to chang the jets size is also covered in those instructions. 

• Like 1

just dsaying that speed screw is turn all the way in . To me it a idle jet plugged.

Hopefully that hole you plugg will fix it but i dought it.

all you got to do is put your finger on it and it would change a huge amount. if not then its still the idle jet circut to me.

is your fuel filter full of rusty nasty dirty?????????????? open it up

ill give it a try and no it should i just got this weber in December, so i think there shouldn't be any rust, ima just clean the idle jet like you said and see what happens