LA Area - Body Shop in the SGV, OC or IE area

ktm

I've been taking my 1972 240z around to a few body shops in the area to get quotes to paint the car and do a bit of body work.  Most of the are coming in way to high ($5k to $8k) for a car that is a driver in the LA area.  I am talking single-stage paint and some welding to fill spoiler and mirror holes.

Most places want to block the car at least two times due to the 42 year old somewhat wavy panels. I don't need a new car look with super straight panels at this time since the paint (and body) will most likely be fucked up in 2 years time any way due to all the shit on our roads.

Does anyone know of a decent shop that can work with me on figuring out the best course of action?  I am going to paint it the exact same color but fill in some holes and fix two rust spots on the lower front fenders.

I have all the seals and I need to replace the front wind shield (42 years of pitting), but I am hoping to pay no more than around $3k to $4k for the work.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo.

Try this guy. In Lake Elsinore. I know you come out this way on a regular basis. He will work with you. It won't be show car quality,

But it will fit your budget.  He did my silver car.

Most body shops will look at your car and figure money is not a problem for you.

Unrestricted Auto Trends,

951-265-8420

Jake,

Tell him I gave you the #

• Like 1

I've been taking my 1972 240z around to a few body shops in the area to get quotes to paint the car and do a bit of body work.  Most of the are coming in way to high ($5k to $8k) for a car that is a driver in the LA area.  I am talking single-stage paint and some welding to fill spoiler and mirror holes.

Most places want to block the car at least two times due to the 42 year old somewhat wavy panels. I don't need a new car look with super straight panels at this time since the paint (and body) will most likely be fucked up in 2 years time any way due to all the shit on our roads.

Does anyone know of a decent shop that can work with me on figuring out the best course of action?  I am going to paint it the exact same color but fill in some holes and fix two rust spots on the lower front fenders.

I have all the seals and I need to replace the front wind shield (42 years of pitting), but I am hoping to pay no more than around $3k to $4k for the work.

Are you stripping the car and is the quote for inside and outside,engine compartment,was all that specified or did you specify that.My little truck with me stripping it is starting at about 5000.00 i feel its kind of high myself.

A good paint job these days will set you back a good amount of money. If you want to do door jams engine bay,

And remove all the glass just figure $5K is on the low side.

• Like 1

I got a tijuana quote, top of the line stuff, many hot rods cross the border for this one, forgot the name, ill look for it, they will strip paint down to metal on all exterior including engine bay, good primer, and DuPont 2 stage, plus polish everything, ready?

$750

But if u dont know folks in tijuana i dont reccomend going out there

Thanks all.

John, I'll give him a call in the next week or two.  Thanks for the info.

Are you stripping the car and is the quote for inside and outside,engine compartment,was all that specified or did you specify that.My little truck with me stripping it is starting at about 5000.00 i feel its kind of high myself.

I wish.  It was simply a heavy sand, no engine bay painting, welding up spoiler and old mirror holes, painting the jams, etc.  That did not include other items that I need to do like rechrome bumpers, new glass in the front, etc., which is another grand or more.