320 puking oil out exhast manifold pipe

wannaby

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably valve seals dried up, cracked. May have even fallen off. Oil pouring down the exhaust valve guides?

This a pushrod motor? Look up how to place some rope in the spark plug hole. Rotate the piston up to cram the rope against the valves and hold them in place. Remove the rocker assembly and valve springs and instal new valve guide oil seals. Have to do one cylinder at a time (actually might as well do the intakes too) on the compression stroke.

I started my 1963 datsun L320 today, it starts hard after sitting even a month now, and after only a little while it starts quitting and running like crap, back fires out of the carb if I hit the gas, I believe that this new fuel is the issue, after it only sits for 6 months it separates and becomes worthless.

I don't know what you have for gas up there, but once I use all the fuel in the line, and I started using the fuel in the tank, everything went down hill fast.

That sounds like the same symtoms as mine....mayby ill try a bit of new gas.

Den