car was not getting fuel 1976 datsun 280z

joshotto94

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome joshotto94 glad to see it worked for you.

Was it wedged in either the feed or return fuel lines ?

Or one of the evap canistor lines leading back ?

I can't recall if I've seen one of those in your picture inline.

it was wedged in a rubber line about 4 inches in right off the evap canister

Its a vacuum restriction . Not in the fuel line.

Yup that's what it looks like. I was asking the question since the fuel lines run right by the evap can , and people do weird modded shat sometimes lol.. so I wanted to know where it was exactly.

joshotto94 , if it's not affecting any systems I would just leave it , but you can do as you please really.

I haven't seen one of those inline with my evap cans or lines leading off either the engine , can , or to the vent on any of my 280z or 280zx's that I can recall.

A little off topic on the next , but useful info if you haven't done or run into this stuff yet.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you replace every piece of rubber vacuum , vent , and if it needs the E.F.I fuel line underneath the hood. ( I wen't to NAPA , and got some generic SAE sizes ... in which nearly all of them worked perfectly ).

The gas line leading to the fuel pump + away from it ... are sometimes questioniable , but usable.. just depends really as you know :)

The air intake boots between the throttle body and the Air Flow Meter's tend to rip/tear... you can use shoe glue to patch one temporarily if need be.

Also CAREFULLY clean the afm , cts , csi , etc , iat , sensor's connectors. These are all "typically" Bosch EV-1 type connectors as well which are pretty universal.

Don't forget to clean your throttle body. NAPA has some throttle body/carb cleaner for $3 a can.

Adjust your valves if you haven't already done so.

Use a little Anti-seize ( I like the copper kind) on your O2 sensor installation... when needed.

If you haven't already ... I would highly recommend to replace your fuel injector connectors (solder new ones in) if yours look questionable (BOSCH EV-1)

If you ever pull the engine or intake/exhaust manifolds ... expect the front and rear studs to break or bugger up on the way out. It's their style after many years