L20B has me boggled

Enrique20

the l20b that i currently have in the 510 that seems to loose power/strength it sputers and dosent want to rev up when underload at certain rpms. its timed and had new timing chain kit new ngk plugs new dizzy new carb but i cant find out what its causing this, also when i rev up on neutral and it kinda wants to die and i have to let off the gas and pump the trottle so i wont die on me. is there any thing this could be? ive rebuilt the engine cleaned evrything and i still can seem to get it run properly.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even a new carb can be fed dirt from the fuel pump.

Idle would likely be unaffected. If the primary jet was plugged I doubt you would get it to rev high enough to get the secondary to come in. With lots of pumping to use the accelerator pump to supply the gas needed. Having the choke on would help.

Partly blocked would just have really crappy throttle response, motor would rev slowly if at all and then with luck the secondary would kick in and off it would go.