Petrol Nissan z24 snorkel install?

EatLag

Hey guys, yeah I know who the fuck puts a snorkel on a petrol, but I have some 3" stainless steel pipe and some truck intake hose now what I want to know is how far from the carby can I go with the snorkel before the engine can't suck in enough air to idle?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, yeah I know who the fuck puts a snorkel on a petrol, but I have some 3" stainless steel pipe and some truck intake hose now what I want to know is how far from the carby can I go with the snorkel before the engine can't suck in enough air to idle?

As long as the pipe is open and approximately the same diameter as the carb inlet, say 3" or more, almost any length will work.

Oh other note it will be facing towards the back of the car not facing the front so it's going to haw to suck even harder

no. people put them facing forward for "cold air" rushing into the car from the speed your going. but a snorkel your trying to avoid water getting in when you dive in to a puddle so you want it to face away. it will be fine with a filter on the end

I'm guessing the size here but theirs about a 2" pipe going from the carby to the passenger side then a big air box with the filter, in going to cut and weld a 3" pipe onto the other side of the box then out and up the passenger side to the roof, would going from a 2" pipe to a 3" pipe work well enough?