Cheap KA24DE + trans

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx!

doesnt sound like too bad of a deal.

tranny missing 2 sensors and the throttle body, otherwise complete.

if its not sold tonight hes willing to hold it for me and try to figure how to load it into the back of my friends wagon.

KA experts: its a 96 (& will get rebuilt)

what else should i be aware of??? look for???

I had a friend of mine talk to the guy and he said he would hold it for me. I started thinking (danger...danger!!) It will be every bit of 2 years before I even get around to making it happen...so I just called the guy and released it for sale again. Hope someone gets this thing and makes an old Datsun fast!

Good deal...really!!!

• 3 weeks later...

hey everybody, well i was all set to go and get this baby but it did not work out.

i called the guy two weeks ago and he called me back one week ago. i spoke to him twice and we made a deal for me to drive on sunday (9-14-08) with my truck and cherry picker. the deal was also for 150 not 50, like the add stated, still a heck of a deal.

he tells me that a ton of dudes have called him and offered to come by and pick up everything for 50 bucks and he has turned them down. I think this statement by him is totally bogus, since anyone with common sense knows that a complete engine and tranny with a partial harness and ecu is worth at the very least 200 to 500 bucks easy. he also tells me that the engine is at his grandparents house and not his. So i said ok, no problem there. at this point i dont feel anything fishy. so i call him on thursday and leave him my work number and house number, no answer on thrusday. i call him again on friday, no answer or call back.

actually no call backs at all. i waited for him to call me at home on sunday till noon and nothing. my question is, did any of you see the engine or go out to see what this guy had?

even though no money was exchanged or lost, i'm still feeling a little fishy about the whole thing. what do you guys think?

Hmmm if your gut instinct tellsd you something is up then I would go with that since the old saying goes if its too good to be true then it is.

besides since you have tried several times to contact him and he has yet to call you back at this point I think something is going on, maybe there is some type of coverup going on or maybe its not his motor to sell-who knows what going on but if he has yet to make an effort to call you back then I would just walk away.

after 4 messages to his (wife?) i gave up. i spoke to him 2X and it was $50 :mad:

didnt seem fishy, but for me to send someone to pull it, id want to talk directly to the seller and have ALL my ??? answered to my satisfaction!

i probably would not have bothered calling this dude if i had read your comment.

it's really rare to see a smokin good deal stick around for more than a week, this should have been the first clue. i still don't understand what his motives are. is he waiting for someone to send him some cash through pay pal, and then never give the parts away, like a typical internet forum scam? who knows

hmm, weird. I spoke to him once before posting the thread just to ask a few questions which I gave the answers to in the original post.

no disrespect to you, i know you were just trying to pass a long a good deal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.